Welcome!

We hope that you enjoy looking at some of our favorite photos! As a family, we have enjoyed birding for the last year and find it exciting to never know what you might see on your next trip. We love the outdoors and take every opportunity to get out there and enjoy it. Birding is a passion of ours and we hope you enjoy reading about some of our favorite memories as well!

Friday, July 20, 2012

A Couple of New Birds!

Hey everyone, I finally got a few pictures of some birds that I have been chasing all summer long. It is not easy to be in the right place at the right time, without being gone all the time, everyday! Being that I would never want to do that to my family, I feel that whenever I get photos like this on a short trip, I am as lucky as EVER! SO, here are the few photos that I liked best! 

I got out to chase around some of these Eastern Towhees, and because they love being on the ground in the woods, it usually is really bad lighting, and hard to get pictures. Out of 120 photos of these guys bouncing all around me, I came out with 3 that weren't blurry! This is my favorite one! What a cool, mean looking bird! I love the red eyes on these things!


One of the coolest birds around in the summer is this guy, the Indigo Bunting! They are everywhere during the summer when they are here, but they only stick around for a little while. I had several failed attempts to photograph these birds, until one Sunday morning as I was getting out of the car in my church parking lot, I heard about 4 of them chatting in the trees around me. Needless to say, I came back the next morning and sat in my car, as they bounced around in the trees, getting closer and closer to me. It was one of those moments where I asked myself, are you serious?? 


I caught this guy in my brother's back yard, as he was munching on a green wormy snack. It's a House Wren.


Here is one of my favorite shots I have taken so far. I got really lucky in getting this Red-eyed Vireo to come close enough to me to get some good shots. It was a fun family photo shoot!


This picture is one of my favorites, actually so much that it is already on my wall! I just love how he is turned and the red eye just pops out at you! It almost makes me look like I know what I am doing, almost!


1 comment: